- 1 can (398 mL) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) oregano
- 1 baguette
- With the exception of bread and oil, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until onion is softened and sauce is thick.
- Cool to room temperature
- Slice the baguette and brush both sides with oil
- Brown the slices under the grill (Broil) for 1 to 2 minutes on each side
- Cover each slice with 1 tablespoon cranberry mix