Upside down cake
- Butter and flour for the cake mold
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) melted butter
- 2 cups (50 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) butter
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain yogurt
- Zest of an orange
- 2 cups (500 ml) cranberries
- ½ cup (125 ml) honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 ml) cranberry juice
- 1 ½ cups (125 g) white chocolate pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C).
- Butter and flour a 23 x 33 cm (9 x 13-inch) rectangular baking pan.
- Place the cranberries in the pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and pour the melted butter over the cranberries.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended
- Add dry ingredients, then stir in yogurt and orange peel. Mix well.
- Pour the dough into the mold, over the cranberry mixture.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes in the center rack.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before unmolding cake.
- Gently place cake on serving platter and serve with cranberry coulis and white chocolate.
- In a saucepan, bring cranberries, honey or maple syrup to a boil.
- Add cornstarch diluted in cranberry juice
- Cook on low heat until the cranberries crumble.
- Remove from heat, add the white chocolate tablets and stir until completely melted.
- Top each portion of cake with this coulis