- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted butter
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) baking powder (baking powder)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup (250 ml) icing sugar
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) cranberry puree
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C).
- In a saucepan, sauté the cranberries in the water over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, let cool and grind all with a hand-held blender.
- Bake a pumpkin segment on an oiled baking sheet at 350 ° F (175 ° C) for 30 to 45 minutes or use a canned pumpkin puree.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, sugar and eggs. Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Heat the oil to 350 ° F (175 ° C) in a fryer or cauldron over the heat, watching well.
- Using an ice cream scoop, form balls of dough and fry immediately for 5 to 6 minutes or until a dark color is obtained.
- Rid* donuts by placing them on a baking sheet covered with a paper towel and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix icing sugar and cranberry purée with a spoon to obtain a smooth glaze.
- Immerse the donuts in the frosting and decorate with dried cranberries.
- Difficulty level: Easy
- On the counter in an airtight container: 1 to 2 days
- Freezing: no
- * Ridding: Remove donuts from oil and place on paper towels to remove excess oil.