- 3 cups (680 g) butternut squash or pumpkin (or other orange winter squash)
- 2 cups (450 g) chopped kale and / or mesclun lettuce
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) hemp oil (or other good oil)
- 1 to 3 ml (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) finely chopped onion
- 1 small clove of garlic finely chopped
- 2 thin slices of fresh ginger root finely chopped
- About 1/2 cup (65 g) dried cranberries, minced with a knife
- About 1/2 cup (65 g) chopped walnuts
- Begin by preparing the vinaigrette in the bottom of a large salad bowl. Simply mix lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, salt, onion, garlic and ginger.
- To this vinaigrette, chopped greens are added so that they are soaked and softened. If you use kale, do not hesitate to massage it.
- While the greens are relaxing in the vinaigrette, prepare the squash. If you choose a thick-skinned squash like butternut squash, you will need to peel it. The pumpkin, however, especially if it is not very big and its skin is thin, will probably not need to be peeled. Approximately 3 cups of the squash are grated and added to the bowl by gently mixing.
- For the final touch, sprinkle dried walnuts and cranberries, either directly in the bowl or individually on each serving.
- Do not hesitate to prepare a large quantity, this salad will be even better the next day!