- 1 lb (500 g) of a skate wing cleaned on the bone
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of olive oil
- The zest of an orange
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) unsweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C).
- Shirt** a small 10 in. X 4 in. (26 cm by 9.5 cm) Terrine mold with a film of cellophane or a clean, 28-ounce tin can with both ends removed.
- Season the wing with salt and pepper on each side and place on a broiler pan.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the plate from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Scrape the flesh with a spoon and place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, citrus zest, cranberries and parsley.
- Mix everything to distribute the seasoning.
- Place the mixture in the mold and press to remove any air space.
- Close and cover with a film of cellophane and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- When serving, remove terrine from pan and cut 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick slices.
- Serve with croutons, lemon wedges and a few arugula leaves.
- This terrine is also spread like rillettes of fish when it is temperate.
- This unusual blend of flavours never fails to seduce each time.
- * Wait: Time needed to let the dough rise (inflate) to the desired level.
- ** Shirt: Line the mold with a film of cellophane to help remove the mold.