Back to the list
Spiced apple sauce with cranberries
3 cups (750 ml)
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) maple sugar
- Cinnamon stick
- Pinch (1 ml) powdered nutmeg
- 4 large apples sliced
- In a saucepan, simmer the cranberries with maple sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg over low heat until the cranberry juice has almost evaporated (about 8 minutes).
- Add the apple slices, then simmer on low heat, until they flake easily when crushed with a wooden spoon (about 8 minutes).
- Let cool for a few minutes, then remove the cinnamon stick.
- Transfer to food processor or blender base to obtain a smooth puree.
Note The maple sugar can be replaced by 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of maple syrup or honey.