Back to the list
Spiced cranberry orange sorbet
- 500 g frozen or fresh cranberries
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup raw sugar
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 4 whole cardamom cloves
- 2 star anise seeds
- 1 small stick of cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a pot, add all ingredients and simmer over low heat until cranberries burst.
- Cool and remove the spices.
- Pour into a food processor to create a fruit puree.
- If you stop the process here, you'll have a sort of spicy cranberry jam to spread on good bread or a scone with cottage cheese, etc. The possibilities are limitless.
- If you are making sorbet, continue the steps:
- Spread fruit puree (maximum 1 inch thick) in a large freezer-safe container.
- Place in the freezer for 8 to 12 hours. The mixture will not become totally firm, it will have a gelato texture.
- Make ice cream balls and serve in a cup.