- Cold water as needed
- 4 sheets of gelatin (8 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cranberry juice
- Plastic wrap, as needed
- 1 1/2 lb. (720 g) inside or round steak
- 1/4 cup (50 g) chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup (40 g) chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) old-fashioned mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) chopped gherkins
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- To make the jelly, soak gelatin sheets for about 3 minutes in a bowl filled with cold water.
- Heat the cranberry juice in a sauce pan on the stove and add the gelatin sheets previously wrung out with your hands.
- Stir and pour into a flat container whose bottom has been covered with plastic wrap to facilitate jelly demolding.
- Set aside and chill.
- Prepare the meat by cutting into cubes about 0.5 cm thick and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients, except cranberries, and mix well.
- Add the cranberries, adjust the seasoning and chill the mixture.
- When the jelly is well-set, gently unmold and cut into small cubes about 1 cm.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 portions and using a cookie cutter, place a quarter of the tartar at the bottom of each plate and place a few cubes of gelatin on top of the tartare or all around the meat.
- Garnish with a few leaves of arugula and chives.
- Serve with bread croutons.