Fresh cranberry syrup
- 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 ml fresh whole cranberries
- 8 thawed U-10 scallops, sponged and sliced thinly
- 1 chopped French shallot
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) vodka
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 cranberries with syrup
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) cranberry syrup
- 1 Honey Crisp apple cut in julienne strips
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) watercress sprouts
- In large skillet, melt sugar with lemon juice, add cranberries and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix scallops, shallot, olive oil, lime juice, zest, vodka, salt and pepper.
- Arrange flat on 4 plates, garnish with cranberries and a little cranberry syrup and top with apple julienne and watercress sprouts.
- Serve very fresh.