- 6 medium-size apples (preferably McIntosh)
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) apple juice or water
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) honey (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla
- Core apples and cut into wedges.
- Place the apple chunks, cranberries and apple juice (or water) in a cooking pot.
- Cook over slow heat for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked apples and cranberries into a food processor.
- Add honey and cinnamon.
- Blend everything until mixture reaches a smooth texture.
*Remove apple peels if your blender is not very powerful, such as a Vitamix.
For a complete breakfast, as in the photo, add plain or vanilla Greek yogurt to the apple sauce. Garnish with a sprinkling of granola.