Back to the list
Pepper & dried cranberry piperade
4 to 6
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dried cranberries pre-moistened with warm water
- 1 Tbsp.(15 ml) sweet smoked paprika
- 6 red peppers cut into strips
- 2 sliced red onions
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 branches of thyme
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped Iberian chorizo
- Fleur de sel to taste
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) sherry vinegar
- In a large sauce pan, heat the oil over medium heat and brown the well-drained cranberries for about 2 minutes.
- Add paprika, vegetables, garlic, thyme, chorizo and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat, covered, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add vinegar.
- Finish cooking over medium-high heat for 5 minutes to evaporate remaining liquid.
Can be served simply as an appetizer or as an accompaniment with soft cheese or grilled quail.