- 1 boneless pork loin roast, about 2 lb. (900 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic cut into sticks
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 onion cut into pieces
- 1 carrot cut into slices
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion soup broth
- 3 fresh pears, not too ripe, heart removed, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried sage
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) onion powder
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 ° C).
- Make small incisions in the roast with the tip of a knife and insert the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a roasting pan over medium high heat, then brown the roast lightly on all sides.
- Arrange the onion and carrot slices around the roast.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the broth to the roasting pan and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Add the pears and cranberries around the roast.
- Sprinkle with herbs and onion powder.
Note that the result of the recipe may differ slightly from the image depending on the ingredients used.