- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper from the mill, to taste
- 1/2 unit (100 g) rutabaga (the size of a softball)
- 2 Cortland apples
- 10 leaves of basil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dried chopped cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley, to taste
- Salt flower, to taste
- Combine maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Using a mandolin, cut the rutabaga finely like a sheet of paper and marinate it in the vinaigrette.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to soften the mixture.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cut the apples with the 1/4-inch mandolin and add to the rutabaga with the basil leaves and dried cranberries.
- Add the oil.
- Top with chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix and serve very cold.
- Do not bother with the salt flower to cut the sugar.