- 4 filets mignon of 140 g
- 7 oz (200 g) puff pastry to cover the meat
- 100 g cranberry confit with red onions
- 100 g mushroom duxelles
- 100 g foie gras
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 50 ml raspberry vinegar
- 100 g Paris mushrooms or other variety according to your taste
- 50 g red onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 ml port
- Salt and pepper
- Sear the filets on all sides, keep them very rare and allow them to cool.
- Simmer all the ingredients of the confit together at low heat
- In a blender, chop finely and separately the onions then the mushrooms.
- Bake the onions gently. Add the mushrooms and garlic when the mixture is almost dry. Add the port and reduce slightly. Let cool.
- Spread the puff pastry (make four squares 2 times bigger than the filet). Add the mushrooms, the confit and the foie gras in the center of the square then place the cold filet mignon on top. Fold the dough under the meat. Bake until golden brown or desired colour.
Note that the result of the recipe may differ slightly from the image depending on the ingredients used.